Walgreens and Providence Health & Services in Renton, Wash., a nonprofit Catholic healthcare ministry, will enter a clinical collaboration to coordinate patient care and improve patient access in Oregon and Washington. Here are six points:
- This collaboration will bring about 25 new retail clinics in Oregon and Washington.
- Providence will own and operate the clinics, which will be the first to open at Walgreen stores.
- Providence Express Care at Walgreens will be located around Washington. Swedish Express Care at Walgreens will be in the Seattle area. Swedish is a Providence affiliate.
- The clinics will offer integrated healthcare for patients and try to create a more coordinated retail clinic model.
- The Providence and Swedish EHR platform allows patients to access the clinics no matter their location. The clinics will treat common illnesses and injuries.
- The two companies will create a leadership council to advance retail health.
“We believe this collaboration is a solution for healthcare providers to better serve populations,” said Mike Waters, senior VP of physician services and Providence. “With Walgreens nationwide footprint and a deep understanding of patients’ needs, together we can ease the way for consumers, and ultimately, create healthier communities.”
From Becker’s ASC, by Megan Wood, August 20, 2015